Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A day off and our new anime club

As of Sunday, we have had strong winds down in this area of southern california. It was pretty bad. So yesterday (monday), we ended up closing our doors at the library all day, due to power failure. The winds were just so strong that it knocked out not only our primary power, but our secondary power system as well.

Well, it's all up and running again, so we will be open today.

Of course, I won't be there for most of the day seeing as I have to prepare some stuff for...

OUR NEW ANIME CLUB!!!!

Well, semi-new anyways. We've had 3 meetings so far, watching the first 3 episodes of Fullmetal Alchemist. Man, I love that series. This Friday, in honor of Halloween, we will be having a special cosplay meeting where we will be making Naruto headbands for ourselves and I will be showing the teens some of my own costumes that I have either pieced together, bought, or made by hand.

It'll also be a sort of party and so I have to go get the food, drinks, and material for the headbands today. My boss is taking me since I have no vehicle of my own.

So if anyone lives in the Perris/Moreno valley area and they would like to join the club, here are the requirements:

1) You must be between the ages of 13 to 18.

Yep, that's it. There's no sign up involved. So as long as you are a teenager, you can come. It's every Friday, barring holidays, at 4:30pm.

So come on down and join us. We'll be happy to see you.

No comments: