Saturday, January 26, 2008

Perris Library News Update

Teen Programs
This will be a great year for our teens. We got our drawing classes started. They are going rather will, especially considering that neither me nor my coworker are teachers. Lyne was out sick this last Friday, so I taught the kids to draw chibi's.

At the beginning of this month, I attended a performer's workshop. It's basically where a bunch of people get together to showcase their acts and teachers and librarians come to find performers to schedule. I found 7 performers that I have scheduled for the year. On a month until August.

Our first performer is Barbara Wong, who will be showing us how to use knots to make bracelets, belts, and other accessories.

We will have storytellers, magicians, and artists.


Computers
We are installing fiber optics for faster web service and also putting in wireless. Right now our phones are all buggy cause we are getting new phones. So if you are trying to call us and can't, that's why.

Our computers are running really slowly for now, though. Can't do anything about it, though it is a bit irritating when I am trying to help a million people at once with the same issues because of the slow speed.


Other stuff
Well, I will not be working here past August 15th. It's quite possible I will be sending in my notice prior to that. I am going to be continuing my education at a university. Graphic Design is my major. It'll be fun.

No comments: